GAMSAT Forum - Gold Standard GAMSAT Prep

The Only Prep You Need

Task B - Creative

Task B - Creative

Postby ofj6053 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 am

For Section 2, Task B, I have read that you can approach this creatively through either writing a narrative or by extension diary entries etc. However, how risky is it to approach this with a poem? I've seen some examples posted and they look to have done well but how likely is this to screw me over if i chose to go this route?
ofj6053

Re: Task B - Creative

Postby goldstanda3269 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 am

ofj6053 wrote:For Section 2, Task B, I have read that you can approach this creatively through either writing a narrative or by extension diary entries etc. However, how risky is it to approach this with a poem? I've seen some examples posted and they look to have done well but how likely is this to screw me over if i chose to go this route?

The answer is straightforward: You must play to your strengths. If you are best with argumentative essays, reflective, discursive, sheer creativity, then that is your safest route. Students have excelled using any single one of the above, or multiples thereof, it is not the technique that gets the higher score, it is your ability to use it to your advantage.

In case you did not attend Dr. Ferdinand's recent webinar comparing structure to creativity, and other Section 2 issues: https://youtu.be/sRFK2zTXG3Y

Good luck with your studies!
goldstanda3269

Return to General Questions