GAMSAT Forum - Gold Standard GAMSAT Prep

The Only Prep You Need

GS5

GS5

Postby SarahMcKenna » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:03 am

Hi,
Im just wondering what Burlesque Humour is? In your explanations you describe it as slapstick humour, but I also do not understand what this means and google is not making it clear.

Could you please help define this type of humour for me?

Thanks
SarahMcKenna

Re: GS5

Postby goldstanda3269 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 am

SarahMcKenna wrote:Hi,
Im just wondering what Burlesque Humour is? In your explanations you describe it as slapstick humour, but I also do not understand what this means and google is not making it clear.

Could you please help define this type of humour for me?

Thanks

GS-5, Question 16

Strictly speaking, burlesque is an absurd or comically exaggerated imitation of something, especially in a literary or dramatic work. It is the "comically exaggerated imitation of something" that leads to the sense of "slapstick" humour.

Slapstick is a style of humor involving exaggerated physical activity that exceeds the boundaries of normal physical comedy: Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, Jerry Lewis and Mel Brooks, the Jackass series and movies, and, sometimes, the Simpsons!

In future, it is better to post GS-5 questions in the GS-5 thread: viewforum.php?f=42

It also helps to post in the link above because we did not know what question you were referring to; thanks for your understanding.
goldstanda3269

Return to General Questions