The Only Prep You Need

First essay

First essay

Postby mec.gabrie1426 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:23 am

Hi everyone, I've just done my first essay A. I think it's not good enough, any advice in what I should improve will be very welcome. Thank you =)

Comment 1
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
Comment 2
Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun
Comment 3
A man of courage never wants weapons
Comment 4
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe
Comment 5
You can get more with a kind work and a gun than you can with just a kind word.

It is a very popular thought that weapons are an efficient way to gain respect and show courage. However, a man is immensely more respected and considered courageous when he does not use any weapon to gain people's trust.

Al Calpone once said "you can get more with a kind work and a gun that you can with just a kind word. It is true that you can get almost anything from someone if you have a gun, but you will only get it because you causing fear and treating their lives. In contrast, a man who only has his work will get something that the one with a weapon can not get from people, their trust and admiration. After all, it is easy to get thing from people who fear their lives, but it is not easy to win with only words.

The most admired men in the world did not inspire people through their authorities and use of weapon, but with their ideas and beliefs. Examples of those men are Martin Luther King, Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela and Gandhi. Gandhi's books and actions inspired a lot of people over the world and he is seen as a man of courage for his actions. Gandhi helped India to gain its independence with out any violent fighting.

To summarize, fearless me never wants weapons and they do not scare anyone. They conquer the world with the love and coherent ideas. Kings will come and go, but it is the fearless man who will be always remembered. It need courage to stand weaponless in front of a empire and give freedom to a country. And once it is done, he can get anything from their people.
mec.gabrie1426

Re: First essay A and B

Postby mec.gabrie1426 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am

And that's the task B that I've just done:

Comment 1
Each friend represents a world i us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Comment 2
A friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out
Comment 3
The best mirror is an old friend.
Comment 4
One friend in lifetime is much, two are many; three are hardly possible. Friendship needs a certain parallelism of life, a community of through, a rivalry of aim.
Comment 5
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things tat give value to survival.

C.S Lewis once said "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things tat give value to survival.". I could not agree more with this statement. Frienship is not something considered basic to human survival as air, water and food. However, friendship make our lives better to live, lighter and easier to survive.

I met my best friend Anna in High School. Since then we became inseparable friends. We share our problems, our happy moments, participate in decisions of each other and somehow she became essential in my life. During High School I suffered bullying, I had a very low self-esteem and lack of confidence. It was it was one of the most hard times for me, if I did not have Anna as a friend I could not have survived. Anna believed me and made me believe in myself when no one else did, she was there for me and this was my force to not giving up.

When I was approved in the University I applied for, I had to move from my hometown to a city in a different state than mine. I had lived there for 5 years and during this period Anna and I were distant and did not talk so often. But I have made new friends that helped me with my adaptation in the new city, with the subjects that I was not good at and with everything that I needed to become more familiar and feel comfortable to the new environment and life style.

I feel that if did not have have Anna and all the friends that I have made, life would have been completely different than it was and a lot more difficult. Maybe I would not be here today to tell this story or maybe I would have developed a depression. This did not happen because I had people to share my life with, to make my life lighter and to help me building up my self-esteem and confidence again. When I moved from my City, I did not have my family or anyone with me, but my new friends did not let me feel lonely, instead they were there for me in every moment I could need. Today I am very grateful to all of them and I have learned that we all need friends to survive.
mec.gabrie1426

Return to Section II: Written Communication