The Only Prep You Need

Confusion

Do not post your questions regarding any GS exam here. Please post in the appropriate threads below.

Confusion

Postby penguin7 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:10 pm

I'm really confused. Are we meant to strictly follow the Intro-Body-Conclusion format in Gamsat essays? The GS essay markers strictly say we must follow this. However, this was never emphasised on in Dr. Ferdinand's tutorials.
penguin7

Re: Confusion

Postby penguin7 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:19 pm

Also Dr. Ferdinand was saying we could do a Reflective style or almost any style we wanted for both essays. I was trying this out with my Task A essay in the GS essay marking service, but the markers were pretty hard up about the traditional style of writing.
penguin7

Re: Confusion

Postby goldstanda3269 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:26 am

penguin7 wrote:I'm really confused. Are we meant to strictly follow the Intro-Body-Conclusion format in Gamsat essays? The GS essay markers strictly say we must follow this. However, this was never emphasised on in Dr. Ferdinand's tutorials.

Dr Ferdinand's tutorials suggest thesis/antithesis/synthesis for an argumentative essay which is usually appropriate for Writing Task A, and the introduction/body/conclusion for Writing Task B with the body specifically including a social implication and then a separate paragraph for self-reflection (personal exploration).

All of the above is also described in the Masters Series as the standard format.

However, the tutorials, videos and even the book also underline that you can do anything you want! There are many creative options that break the standard "rules" but can do so successfully. The correctors try to identify your weaknesses and strengths and try to help you optimize your GAMSAT score by working on your strengths which could be different from other students.

Students have attained excellent real GAMSAT Section 2 scores with many, many different techniques from standard to very creative. Suggestions regarding your writing are simply suggestions. You may choose to go in a different direction and you may meet with success on the real exam.
goldstanda3269

Return to Discuss your strategies and experience with Section II