GAMSAT Forum - Gold Standard GAMSAT Prep

The Only Prep You Need

Improving specific question types

Do not post your questions regarding any GS exam here. Please post in the appropriate threads below.

Improving specific question types

Postby brita96 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:59 am

Hi all,
I don't know whether it's just me but I've found that I'm not struggling with the content of the literature it's more the type of question being asked? I seem to really struggle with evidence based and inference questions and they make up a large majority of the question type! Any suggestions on how to improve answering these would be more than appreciated!
TIA :)
brita96

Re: Improving specific question types

Postby goldstanda3269 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:17 am

Consider revising the strategies in the book and videos (e.g. paraphrasing for a younger friend/relative/sibling; glancing at the questions first, etc.), and then it is simply practice, practice, practice. You have access to dozens and dozens of GS content, speed and comprehension exercises, GS mini tests and full-length mock exams, etc. Of course, you should also sit all 5 of ACER's practice booklets. After each test, the same routine: Take very brief notes based on your learning and study from those notes, from the beginning, several times per week.
goldstanda3269

Return to Discuss your strategies and experience with Section I